I made this delicious dish on a whim to use up some cooked Hodmedod’s British quinoa, left over from the Quinoa Pancakes with Sauteed Squash and Goats Cheese.
We ate it for an early brunch or late breakfast but it would be equally as good as a light lunch or supper.
I included some sauteed squash I had leftover but you could use almost any vegetable you like, great for little bits of veg that wouldn’t stretch to a meal in themselves. For some unknown reason I always seem to have one courgette, a quarter of broccoli or a handful of peas hanging about somewhere, any of these could be added.
- 1 Cup Cooked Quinoa
- 4 Large Mushrooms (like portabello)
- 2 Cloves garlic
- ½ tsp Salt
- About 10 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 2-4 Eggs
- Cayenne Pepper
- Olive oil
- Fresh Parsley or Coriander to finish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180c
- Put the mushrooms in a shallow oven proof dish.
- Crush the garlic with the salt and dot over the mushrooms with a little butter.
- Scatter over the quinoa and tomatoes,
- Season liberally with pepper and drizzle over some olive oil.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Make indentations for the eggs and crack in the eggs.
- Cook for about 6 minutes until the eggs are cooked.
- Dust the eggs lightly with a little cayenne.
- Drizzle with a little more olive oil if liked and toss in a handful of coriander or parsley.